Our cranberry wine recipe is one of the best wine recipes on the internet. It has a perfect balance of sweetness, tartness, and the refreshing taste of fresh cranberries. We don’t add any grapes in this recipe, just 100% fresh cranberries. Cranberry wine is a favorite around Thanksgiving time. It obviously pairs well with turkey or poultry dishes. It goes great with thanksgiving dinners. It’s also a good mixer for making some cranberry cocktails. A nice pink color, pleasant aromas, and rich fruit flavors make this wine a winner. Check out our cranberry wine recipe below.
Cranberry Wine Recipe
Ingredients for our cranberry wine recipe:
- 15 pounds (6.8 kg) fresh cranberries
- 5 pounds (2.3 kg) raisins
- 15 pounds (6.8 kg) sugar
- 5 teaspoons (23 g) yeast nutrient
- 10 drops (0.5 mL) pectic enzyme liquid
- Water enough to make 5 gallons (19 L)
- 1 package (5 g) Wyeast Mead (Sweet) yeast
- 8 Campden tablets or 1½ teaspoons (9.3 g) potassium metabisulfite powder
Instructions for our cranberry wine recipe:
- Sanitize all equipment.
- Crush the cranberries and chop the raisins.
- Put the cranberries and raisins into the fermentation container. Add the sugar, yeast nutrient, pectic enzyme, and enough tepid water to make 5 gallons (19 L). Stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- When the must has cooled to 70°F (21°C), add the yeast to the container and stir well.
- In 5 to 7 days, the specific gravity should read 1.040 or lower. Put 2½ crushed Campden tablets or ¼ teaspoon (1.4 g) of potassium metabisulfite powder into a 5-gallon glass carboy. Press out the new wine and rack it into the carboy.
- Rack again in a month, following the procedure in step 5.
- Rack again in 3 months and make adjustments as needed, following the procedure in step 5.
- When the wine is clear, it’s ready to bottle.
- Bottle the wine and let sit for 3 months before tasting.
Find this cranberry wine recipe and more in: The Home Winemaker’s Companion: Secrets, Recipes, and Know-How for Making 115 Great-Tasting Wines Raise a glass of homemade burgundy and enjoy the fruits of your labor. This informative guide provides an overview of the entire home winemaking process, from the vine (or the boxed kit) to your glass. With more than 100 recipes for a wide range of delicious wines, ports, and champagnes, you’re sure to find a wine to suit your taste. Clear diagrams for setting up your equipment and fail-safe instructions ensure that your home winemaking will be a success.
More Wine Recipe Books
Like the recipe above? Here are some other great wine recipe resource.