Our strawberry wine recipe is a fresh and crisp wine perfect for relaxing on a summertime afternoon. You will get splashes of mouth-watering strawberries bursting with flavor. Strawberry wine is an excellent alternative to traditional grape wines. You can never go wrong pairing strawberry wine with some rich and delicious chocolate. Try our strawberry wine recipe below.
Strawberry Wine Recipe
Ingredients for our strawberry wine recipe:
- 16 pounds (7.3 kg) fresh strawberries
- 10 pounds (4.5 kg) sugar
- 5 teaspoons (23 g) yeast nutrient
- 1¼ teaspoons (3.4 g) grape tannin
- 6 teaspoons (30.6 g) acid blend
- 10 drops (0.5 mL) pectic enzyme liquid
- Water enough to make 5 gallons (19 L)
- 1 package (5 g) Wyeast Mead (Sweet) yeast
- 5 Campden tablets or ½ teaspoon (3.1 g) potassium metabisulfite powder
Instructions for our strawberry wine recipe:
- Sanitize all equipment.
- Crush the fruit and put it into the primary fermentation container.
- Put the sugar, yeast nutrient, grape tannin, acid blend, pectic enzyme, and enough warm water to make 5 gallons (19 L) on top of the fruit in the fermentation container. Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- When the must cools to 70°F (21°C), sprinkle the yeast into the container and stir. Cover the container.
- Stir the must daily. In 5 to 7 days, the specific gravity should read 1.040 or lower. When it does, press out the fruit pulp and strain the wine.
- Place 2½ crushed Campden tablets or ¼ teaspoon (1.4 g) of potassium metabisulfite powder in the carboy and siphon the new wine into the jug. Add enough water to fill the jug and insert an airlock.
- Rack in a month, using the same procedure as in step 6, and let sit for 3 more months.
- Your wine should be clear and ready for final preparations. Taste, make adjustments, and let sit for another month.
- Bottle the wine, then wait 3 months before tasting.
Find this strawberry wine recipe and more in: The Home Winemaker’s Companion: Secrets, Recipes, and Know-How for Making 115 Great-Tasting Wines Raise a glass of homemade burgundy and enjoy the fruits of your labor. This informative guide provides an overview of the entire home winemaking process, from the vine (or the boxed kit) to your glass. With more than 100 recipes for a wide range of delicious wines, ports, and champagnes, you’re sure to find a wine to suit your taste. Clear diagrams for setting up your equipment and fail-safe instructions ensure that your home winemaking will be a success.
More Wine Recipe Books
Like the recipe above? Here are some other great wine recipe resource.