Our famous peach wine recipe produces a nice tasting wine that is sweet, refreshing, and appealing. Peach wine is very popular in the southern united states but you can enjoy it everywhere. It’s a very pleasant dessert wine and also goes well as a mixer for carbonated beverages. Peach wine spritzers are very popular. Can also be served ice cold on the rocks. Pairs well with foods like fish tacos, fried chicken salads, and sweet baked goods. Check out our peach wine recipe below.
Peach Wine Recipe
Ingredients for our peach wine recipe:
- 13 pounds (5.9 kg) fresh peaches
- 11 pounds (5 kg) sugar
- 5 teaspoons (23 g) yeast nutrient
- 20 drops (1 mL) pectic enzyme liquid
- 1¼ teaspoons (3.4 g) grape tannin
- 6 teaspoons (30.6 g) acid blend
- Water enough to make 5 gallons (19 L)
- 1 package (5 g) Wyeast Mead (Sweet) yeast
- 8 Campden tablets or 1½ teaspoons (9.3 g) potassium metabisulfite powder
Instructions for our peach wine recipe:
- Sanitize all equipment.
- Crush the peaches. Discard the stones and place the peaches in the fermentation container.
- Put the sugar, yeast nutrient, pectic enzyme liquid, grape tannin, acid blend, and enough warm water to make 5 gallons (19 L) on top of the peaches in the fermentation container. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- When the must cools to 70°F (21°C), add the yeast and cover the container loosely with a sheet of plastic.
- Allow the must to ferment for 5 or 6 days, or until the specific gravity reaches 1.040, then strain out the fruit pulp and press.
- Place 2½ crushed Campden tablets or ¼ teaspoon (1.4 g) of potassium metabisulfite powder into a sanitized 5-gallon (19 L) glass carboy and siphon the new wine into it. Top off with water and seal with an airlock.
- Let the wine settle for a month, then rack again following the same procedure as in step 6.
- Rack again in 3 months and make adjustments as needed.
- Let the wine sit another month, then bottle.
- Wait for 3 months before tasting the wine.
Find this peach wine recipe and more in: The Home Winemaker’s Companion: Secrets, Recipes, and Know-How for Making 115 Great-Tasting Wines Raise a glass of homemade burgundy and enjoy the fruits of your labor. This informative guide provides an overview of the entire home winemaking process, from the vine (or the boxed kit) to your glass. With more than 100 recipes for a wide range of delicious wines, ports, and champagnes, you’re sure to find a wine to suit your taste. Clear diagrams for setting up your equipment and fail-safe instructions ensure that your home winemaking will be a success.
More Wine Recipe Books
Like the recipe above? Here are some other great wine recipe resource.